Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Like Riding a Bike

About a year ago, I hopped on a bicycle for the first time in 11 years (when I got my driver's license).  You know how the old saying goes... something about riding a bike being easy after... well whatever I'm too tired to figure it out.  And equally as too tired to re-write this intro (man what a lame comeback attempt)

Anywhoo, as I wobbled down past 3 parked cars, I started to panic and decided to turn back.  I don't remember if there was any trick to making a U-turn on a bicycle but as I turned the handlebar, I almost fell and broke my face off.  I can't believe the universe lied to me.  And because of that, I was afraid to return to this blog... because my wrists might fall off..

You know what, that doesn't even make sense anymore.  Maybe because it's been 4 days from when I started this entry to when I wrote those last 2 sentences.  I completely forgot what the point was and thus, my analogy has veered way off course.  And once again, I didn't want my efforts to go to for naught so.. yeah, sorry for wasting your time.  But I guess that's my problem - I'm too indecisive.  I'm what you would call a lazy perfectionist.  I create something, I think it could be better, I re-work it, don't like it, have ideas for improvement.. and then watch TV.

I guess the lesson here is - sometimes you just have to hit the publish button.  It doesn't have to be perfect the first time, you just have to get it going.  I'm sure every songwriter has a piece of loose leaf with some real corny lyrics on it.  But until you can stare those lyrics in the face, you'll never get to your Unchained Melodies, Stairway to Heavens, every U2 song ever made (freakin' awesome)..

But enough of this serious stuff.. let's talk some feces

Quick - feces or not feces?

5 comments:

  1. Not feces.

    Isn't it time you recognized Coldplay > U2 now? muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you at least remembered to include feces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not feces! that looks like hair from a clogged drain.. lol

    ReplyDelete