Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The B-Sides

I was sifting through the list of my previous blog entries to delete these random multiple drafts of the previous entry.  So as I'm going through and deleting the duplicates, I noticed I had some previously written and unpublished entries.  I'm guessing that I held off because I wanted to edit them but then got distracted for a year and a half.  Probably the TV thing again.

But here's a treat for you all.  I will be releasing these entries as part of a mini-series called "the B-Sides" (yeeeaah that's it..).  And since these were written in the moment, some of the material is dated and may not still hold up in this advanced future.  So to help you all better understand the context of these posts, I've enabled a time jumping mechanism on this page.  Oh yeah, it's true.  Although I must warn you, I haven't yet figured out a way to bring you back.. so proceed at your own risk.

 Click here to go back to April 5th, 2010...




















(buruRUruruuRuurRUrRurup....)

---------------

April 5, 2010

I never felt so much pressure in my life.

A co-worker and I went to the company cafeteria to fetch some grub.  On the way back up, I started recapping the Yankee/Red Sox season opener from last night.  As we waited for the elevator to arrive, I filled him in on all the plays that he missed.  Being a Mets fan, there are a lot of things that I saw last night that I haven't seen from my own team in a long time.  Things like... I dunno, intuitive base running, fundamental defense... exotic skills like that.  As we entered the elevator, 2 other gentlemen followed behind.  They were also engaged in baseball talks, presumably about the same game (since there was only 1 yesterday).  I continued my conversation with my co-worker when all of a sudden it got quiet.  One of the gentlemen gave a slight head nod my way, as if to defer his own conversation to me.  Catching this through the corner of my eye, I knew then what was going on.  I now had to entertain these fools.

The ride was only 6 seconds long but it felt like eternity.  Those 2 gentlemen, my co-worker, and some other dude who looked like he couldn't care less were now hanging on my very next words.  Their ears lent to me, anticipating that my insight would fulfill their needs.  I only had time for one move and I knew I had to deliver. So I turned back to my co-worker and continued:

"Yeah.. so.. that was it"

(ding dong)

GAH choked again..

3 comments:

  1. You should've just done the same thing you did to time travel back, except put it in the past to go to the future. although if you did that we would just get stuck in a continuous time loop and end up lookin at your b-side forever!
    YSLI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're lookin' at my b-side man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you want me to pick up them the-ay-ter tickets?

    ReplyDelete