Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Patent Pending

My nieces from Ohio are over visiting this weekend.  I like when they come over because they're like my little best friends.  But the main reason why I like them is because they'll try anything... meaning any cockamamie food contraption that pops into my head.  Last year, we had the "burger hero", which was ground beef rolled into the length of a hero, Foreman Grilled (which tastes better than using a skillet, trust me), and then placed in a garlic buttered Italian loaf.  Mmm.. I still get reflux thinking about it.

Just like last year, my new creation isn't necessarily something revolutionary, but more like a remix of classic foods.  You can say I'm like P. Diddy in the kitchen... or Timbaland for you younger folks... or for you even younger folks, DJ McFetus.  So anyway, this year's creation is tentatively called the "S'more Dog" (patent pending).  I thought it would be hilarious to make a hot dog but using a banana in place of meat.  Most of my creations stem from my desire to make something funny.  I'm a comedian in the kitchen, you see.  I'm kinda like the Richard Pryor of... 

I took some pictures of the creation process not because I planned on making this "how to" guide, but more so because I wanted to take full credit of this quasi-invention before anyone else did and we all know that blogs are admissible evidence in patent infringement cases.  Actually, that may not be true but at least this'll gimme some street cred.

First, take a hot dog bun and toast it:
random junk optional

Then comes the goodness.  Cover one side of the bun with Nutella, the other with Marshmallow Fluff.

mmmmmm...

Next, take a banana and slice it in half the long way and wedge it in between the Nutella and Fluff. 

 hold on Reddi Wip, I'll get to ya..

Lastly, top it off with some whipped cream and you will instantly be the most popular kid in school.

Hey get that banana peel outta here!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens to you or your teeth from this point forward.

7 comments:

  1. The next entry has to be a product review, with customer testimonials. I wait in expectation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool is there a way I can do that?? I just added a picture below my banner... my abilities are spent

    ReplyDelete
  3. so who's gonna be the brave one to try it out and let the rest of us know how it tastes? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! cool! i want to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i'll eat everything but the bread part.

    ReplyDelete