Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SPOILER ALERT!!

Now I know I'm gonna hurt some feelings with this because I'm basically taking the back door by addressing this publicly instead of being upfront with the individuals like a good friend would do... but that's why we have blogs

I absolutely hate spoilers.  Unless it's a show that I like to make fun of (eg American Idol), I don't want to know what happens in the story or to the characters until it happens.  When I watch 24, I like to be genuinely surprised at a plot twist, just like the writers intended.  When Lord of the Rings came out, I locked myself in my room and read the books before people could ruin the ending for me... all during finals week no less.  That's how important it is to me.

But apparently, people on Facebook like to show off how up-to-date they are.  At 9:16pm on a Monday evening, mofos be posting things like "I KNEW he was the mole!" or "I can't believe Jack just shot his best friend!".  You guys know that I'm about to delete you from my friends list right?

Well, I'm about to de-friend Google as well.  I just tried to search for the voice actor for a Final Fantasy XIII character (let's call him/her 'Scooter') and as I started typing the character's name, Google suggested "Scooter [major plot twisting, story altering, life changing event]".  WHAT THE FRANKS MAN?!?!?!  It's like you gotta keep yourself locked up until you finish the game (which would be 4 months later).  Don't get me wrong, I love the internet and I'm glad it's in my life and all but sometimes it needs to stop.. functioning... I guess.  Or maybe it's my fault for trying to seek out a little bit of knowledge?  I don't know.  But when people wonder why I'm never on AIM or Gchat, it's because somewhere, on someone's status update, something is about to get spoiled.. and I don't want your face to be on the wrong end of my fist.  So don't take it personally

Stay tuned for my next blog entry, tentatively titled "Why didn't you tell me??"

4 comments:

  1. you are so angry! just like when jack b. shot chloe for being really bad at computers. he just had enough, you know? i don't blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man I totally am! I was trying this "angry comic" thing but I think I made a wrong turn somewhere.. maybe too much punching

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally, i prefer the tone of 'hey, i'm tired' and 'pee pee.' (haha your titles ...)

    ReplyDelete